Can a connected coaxial cable give you an electric shock?

How much current is in a TV coaxial cable. if I cut the cable and stick it on my tongue, will it shock me?

Answer:
I strongly recommend you do not do that, while the voltage and current should be very small, and should not shock you (though you might feel it on your tongue, I'm not sure about that) there is alway a chance something is connected wrong some where, especially don't try this during a lightning storm.
The voltage is less than 1 volt, it will not hurt you.
If the cable is connected to a television signal, the voltage should be low enough to be harmless. But it's never a good idea to be careless with electricity of any sort.

The answers post by the user, for information only, FunQA.com does not guarantee the right.



More Questions and Answers:
  • By what means the volume of a speaker is raised..?
  • In case of conducrive heat transfer,the rate of heat flow is scaler or vector?
  • Compare between modeling and simulation tools? and what's differences?
  • What's the best school you can go to (in the US) for electrical engineering?
  • PLEASE HELP, which college would be better 4 electronics &communication TKM kollam OR MACE kothamangalam??
  • Should i do btech with bio tech or civil or with chemical eng?
  • Personal experiences in the chemical engineering industry?
  • How do I calculate appropriate wire gauge / amperage for electric project?
  • How do you tell if a piezo trigger is broken?