What type of mechanical lever is this ?

I saw some men in one of those things that hang off of tall buildings that they use to wahs the tall buldings windows .
The mechanical lever was round and had a handle so that they pulled down on it to make one side go up then the other side .
I think/hope that this lever could be used to go up or down .

What is it called ? & Can it be used to pull something up (in this example the window washer stand) or down ?

Please tell me need urgently !

It would be called a windlass, with an automatic brake.
It's a pulley - one on each side of the deck.

The answers post by the user, for information only, FunQA.com does not guarantee the right.

More Questions and Answers:

More Questions and Answers:
  • Will stretching a strand of piano wire through an exhaust break windows.?
  • Could anyone please let me know criteria for Slug Catcher to be parallel along the pipeline or verticle Thanks
  • can some one tell me from where i can get information about mechnical and electrical help?
  • what is the kilowatt hour for 250 watts for 1 day?
  • what is differnce betn. a latch and flip flop?
  • i have to make an model on electricity?
  • Invention Ideas?
  • BALANCING EQUATIONS- Al(NO3)3 + H2SO4 ----> Al2(SO4)3 +HNO3?
  • Why, on an electrical supply to a house with PME does the earth loop impedence have to be 0.35 ohms or less?